Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer

Summer 2011 is full fledged! It's tough to believe I've already concluded a full year of grad school. When I started I was hesitant about a three year commitment but now I'm thankful I have an extra year to get my thesis together. Because of the extended program, I am able to take a summer "off." I decided I'd try to save some money this summer so I took a job opportunity here in Norman and decided I'd camp out at my folks.

Last night I was hangin' at my local haunt when one of my buddies reminded me that I haven' blogged in a bit. It's sat dormant this last year. I've been busy and had little time to collect my thought much less organize a blog. I spent most of my waking hours in the studio and socializing. Regardless of my bad habit of burning the candle from both ends, I someone made it out alive. Now, I'm back in Norman, studio less and overwhelmed with a full time job and too many social opportunities. Back to the grind, on the balancing beam. . .

We'll see how it goes. Maybe I just need to get back into blogging/venting/spilling. It's good to throw it out there. I'll work on the visuals. I hope to build a new portfolio this summer. Woodcuts! Lots, of carving!

In the meantime, take a peek at some collaborative pieces I did with the two other graduate students: [Photos by Natalie!]
Meet John and Natalie. Someday we hope to take the OKIE print scene by storm. Hell, we may even spark it? Stay tuned...SUMMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment