Friday, January 14, 2011

The Arsenal

First Friday of the semester, Done! Which concludes the first week of my spring semester. Time flies. I can't believe it's already 2011! Today the graduate students were required to open their studios to the faculty. I wasn't sure what to expect but it turned out better than I anticipated. First, I hadn't personally met all the faculty so it was nice to formally meet and chit chat about the biz. I got some very constructive criticism. There were several suggestions that I'm really excited about. I've felt as though I've been lacking in direction and today a lot was clarified. Thanks TU faculty!

After my appointment I decided to look over my notes from last semester. It was a full day of review and contemplation. I decided to make a catalog of the various, contemporary artist that my professor suggest I research. All of the artist are quite different and most of them do not directly relate to my work but they were offered for various reasons. Whether it be, technique, ingenuity, originality, color, composition or concept, each of these artist were discussed over the course of my studies. I think it's interesting to look at them as a collective but I also wanted to document the list digitally. Enjoy!
Elizabeth Murray
Joseph Cornell Kurt Schwitters







Joyce Kozloff
Beth Grabowski
Marcel Duchamp (Readymades)
Louise Bourgeois
Louis Mathiasdottir
Rosemarie Beck

Particular faves? I'd love to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment