Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011

Hi! Happy New Year!

It's been too long. Is anyone out there? Well, if you are, I'm still here. Things have yet to slow down and my camera has been out of commission for the last few months. I finally fixed it and I just renewed my Flickr Pro account. It's time to make up for lost time. Our first snap in 2011!
New Year-New City-New Photos. Last December I finished up my first semester of graduate school. YAY! I planned on documenting the experience but I haven't conquered time. I finished up two independent study courses, one in painting and one in printmaking and I also completed an advanced lithography class! Litho is fun!

I also made some great friends. The other two print grads are something! I look forward to working with them next semester in our 'open print' class. We've already started planning our next move. We had many productive meetings alongside some fun times! Minimal evidence exist and the names have been changed to protect the innocent.

More changes. I changed jobs midway through last semester. I'm now working at part-time at the law school. It's not so different, in fact, it took very little adjusting. I really enjoy my coworkers, they are all troopers with terrific attitudes. The first day on the job I ran endless feet of cable with the director. It's a group that's not afraid to work outside of titles and get their hands dirty.

Between all the newness that became in 2010 (new city, school, job, friends) it's tough to wave goodbye but I look forward to the mystery. One of my goals is to complete a documentary about rat rods before I finish my grad program. I use the term 'documentary' loosely. A rat rod (for wondering minds). Compliments of me friend and former supervisor, Amanda! Her dad has done quite a job on his beast!

I want to record the culture be it, feature fill or a collection of slideshows with audio. Thankfully, the spark appealed to one of the other grads and he has been a font of knowledge on making it happen.

I would also like to conclude a catalog for my family that focuses on my maternal grandmother. I started a collection of good memories from everyone in the family and I'd like to organize and publish the catalog this year. My grandma has Alzheimer's and needless to say, it has been rough on the family. Some members seek religion but I want to remember her without the disease. I've heard some great stories and learned a lot about her the past few months and I want to shout it out.

There are list and list full of 'to do's' for 2011 but I'll spare you. Let's steam forward, rear views wiped clean.Pedal to the metal!

No comments:

Post a Comment