Sunday, July 26, 2009

Art Collecting

First of all, anyone who feels they can't make art should try. If you decide it's not for you, then you should buy. I have some pieces if you're interested. :)Today my friend, Taraneh and I went up to the Oklahoma Museum of Art to see a documentary about Herb and Dorothy Vogel. It was amazing and very inspiring. It warmed my heart to think there are people out there that live for art and collect because they love it, really love it, no financial strings. Read about Herb and Dorothy's monumental collection here.

The film impacted me on various levels. It made me reevaluate my artistic direction, love, life, and money/success. Of course I'm always thinking about these things but Herb and Dorothy sort of simplified it for me. I realized that less reflection and more action leads to fulfillment. I recommend the film to anyone who has any connection to art, great or small. The museum was also showing part of their collection and it was rather impressive. And to think they had over 5000 works in that tiny, one bed room apartment! I love eccentricities, they make my world go 'round! This post is somewhat vague,it's intentional, I want you to experience the legacy that Herb and Dorothy have constructed. Check 'em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment