Friday, July 24, 2009

New Ride

Yesterday I bought a bike. They had to install the fenders so I picked it up today after work. It was large purchase, especially considering I haven't ridden a bike in years. I decided if I'm going to get into it I need something comfortable and decent looking. Without further ado here she is: I took her out tonight, rode about 3 or 4 miles and really started to feel the burn. I thought I would start riding to work so I tried to trek it and I was almost there when I started feeling overwhelmed. I could have made it but I knew if I did I wouldn't have it in me ride back so I just packed it up. I really need to learn to pace myself, I was going 110% and I burned out sooner than anticipated. I made a pit stop (ate a burger to account for the calories I had burned) and hopped back on. The drive back was much better. I just took it easy and admired the breeze. Practice makes perfect, maybe next time I won't make haste and I'll be able to endure the ride to work. The bike rides like a dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment