Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Weekend

This weekend was pretty leisurely. Friday night I went out with my brother and his friends and had a few drinks. I also stopped by a local dance studio to inquire about taking lessons. They were having a little party and allowed me to watch for awhile. Everyone was very cordial and they did get me on the dance floor to do a waltz, which was a blast. I learned something for free! I think I'm going to sign up and try it out (hopefully I won't fall on my face). Maybe Dino will show up.

Saturday I went to check out my cousins new condo and I hung out by her pool for most of the afternoon. I got a ridiculous sunburn so I have been 'putting the lotion on the skin' ever since. Afterwards, I came home, took a little nap and then headed over to my friend's for a dinner party. It was nice. We had some delicious NY pizzas made my real New Yorkers!

Today I have been reading a cookbook I have had for awhile. I decided to brush the dust off and crack it open. It's "Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone" by Deborah Madison. I'm not a vegetarian but I love vegetables. I figured I could learn some great dishes and just add meat. The book is very organized and informative. Hopefully I will learn to make some tasty food and maybe even like cooking!

I also ran up to Oklahoma City to check out a bike I found on Craigslist. Yes, I'm in the market for a bike! I live in the middle of the city and a bike would be great for running errands or just Sunday cruising. Either way, I have decided it's time to trade in my fuel injection for awhile. This is the bike I went to see: It's a Sear' Spaceliner. I love all the chrome, it's gorgeous. I didn't come home with it because it was overpriced and it didn't drive that great. I think a couple of new tires would have made a world of difference but I just wasn't sold. It didn't win my heart. I also think I want something that has gears and a hand brake. My goal is to eventually bike to work so I think I may need something more for the road that just cruising. We shall see.

I have almost completed the moose. I decided to break and have a cup of tea, post a blog and now I'm thinking it will be tomorrow before I get back to it. So, dancing, reading, cooking... how domestic!

No comments:

Post a Comment