Monday, June 1, 2009

Arranging and Rearranging

This weekend I finally got around to hanging various pieces of art in my living room. I have been in my house over a year and I can't believe it has taken me this long to hang all of these great pieces. All of these (with the exception of the small cross stitch that I purchased from a thrift store) were done by my friends from art school or myself. I love that it's personalized and all original. It makes for a great conversation. I have already had people over and I it was fun to explain the the stories behind each piece.
I can't afford to have frames made for them at the moment so they are just pinned to the wall. I have also been playing with the arrangement and I feel like it's never going to be right. It a little intimidating but I also think it allows the wall to be ever changing. Being unframed also allows new pieces to be added which will keep me motivated and the wall will feel alive. I do think everything needs to be shifted to the left about two inches but since this isn't the final layout I didn't bother. I feel like I had a productive weekend (more on that later), the sun is shining and things are beginning to look up (if only for an instance).

No comments:

Post a Comment