Thursday, June 11, 2009

Master Bedroom

Like so many of my projects, my bedroom is still underway and will probably never be considered complete. I did buy some new curtain rods, which are durable enough to uphold the fabric. I still have a list of things to do to bring it closer to completion:
- mount curtain tiebacks
- buy a new duvet cover
- hang lights on each side of the bed
-create a piece for over the headboard
-new bedside table(s)
-remove carpet
etc, etc etc (you get the idea)
Here are some of my inspiration photos for the master bed:

This is the photo that I used to determine the color scheme. So far I have stayed pretty close to the initial plan, I just hope someday my bedroom will be as polished as this one.
I plan on hanging molding on the opposite wall of the bed. I really like the simplicity of this photo. I am hesitant about hanging pictures all over the bedroom (I want it to stay serene and uncluttered) and I think the molding is a nice alternative.
I purchased some hanging lights years ago from a second hand shop and I have decided I'm going to hang them on the either side of the bed. I liked the way these were mounted and was considering making mine into hanging sconces similar to the photo above.

No comments:

Post a Comment