Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sewing

I haven't done much sewing in a long time. Probably years. Tonight I decided to attempt making a case for my new laptop. A few mistakes and hours later I'm nearly finished. I want  to add some straps but I don't have any belting and the fabric stores are closed. Plus, I'm not sure it's worthy of any more time. It turned out looking pretty 'makeshift.' I guess my  extended hiatus is to blame for my lack of sewing skills.  I also didn't go into the project with much of a plan. The plans I did have weren't working out so I had to improvise. As of now the bag/sleeve is usable but I think next weekend I will try again. My goal is to use materials I already have. I did have to go and buy some piping and a seam ripper but I had the fabric and batting. Tomorrow I need to mow and  hopefully I will have enough energy to start a new stencil.

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks pretty good. Definitely has a "B" vibe.

    ReplyDelete