Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Blue Dome Eats

Yes, I still have Blue Dome coverage. No, I don't own real estate here or have any motive for talking it up other than it's just a mighty, cool place. Since I had to man a booth for upwards of 10 hours per day, I had limited proximity. When the stomach's rumbling and people are stirring,my only choice was to walk over and grab a bite. Luckily, the BD district is full of good eats.

Friday evening we sat down at Joe Momma's. It was after 9pm and there wasn't an empty table in the house. There was a jazz/swing band playing and they were slingin' pizza crust and beer. I ordered the mommmarita pizza which was packed with Mediterranean joy. While their pizza is hard to beat, their calzone is to die for. It's cooked to perfection in their brick oven and brushed with garlic butter right before it hits the table. I'm drooling just thinking about it. Live music, hip staff, and perfect pizza, Joe Momma's is IT!

Lunch on Saturday-Dilly Deli. I believe this place is fairly new and it was sure drawing a crowd. Rightfully so, it can carry it's own when it comes to sandwiches. I had the grilled portabella which was positively pleasing! I'd order it again, no doubt. They also have an incredible dessert selection. They offer cookies the size of your face and some gourmet cakes/cupcakes/chocolate. I sampled the chocolate chip cookies which was baked just right (soft in the center) and the key lime torte (refreshing and light). While I had no complaints about the lunch menu, I kept hearing incredible things about their breakfast/brunch. Next time.

Sunday, brunch at the Blue Dome Diner. This place had plenty of seating and like Joe Momma's, the staff were fun to look at.Overall, the BD district is a hipster magnet (in a good way). They offered up basic diner fare at very reasonable rates. I selected the half omelet which was served with fried taters and a side of french toast (or pancakes, or biscuits and gravy). Thank goddess I order the half omelet, it filled half the plate. The full omelet spanned the plate and then some. It was basically two meals for the price of one. Not the best dine I've visited but not to shabby. The district is budding with potential. Keep your eye on this area and spend some dough there. I can't wait to watch it grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment