Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lawn Love

Today was gorgeous! I used to love my winters but these days I can't soak up enough sun. I itch to be outside, sweat, feel the burn. Instead, I spend my days stuck in a dreary, public institution where it's so chilly I wear a sweater and need a blanket year round. It's tough passing by the occasional window to see the sun shining and a nice breeze. I escape whenever possible. Since spring has sprung, I usually have lunch out on my patio. A half assed egg white omelet and carrot-asparagus salad. Last night I attempted this recipe. It turned out alright, even though I overcooked everything. Next time I'll make some adjustments.My lunch date. She enjoys sun basking in the sun as well.

And now, a bit of a flashback: This was the (official) first day of spring in Norman, Oklahoma. No way to kick off springtime. Luckily, the weather has done a complete 180 and the all is right with the world. My garden is thriving and the passed few nights I've tapped into my herbs. I'm eating from MY patch of earth! I can't wait to pull tomatoes fresh off the vine and feel that juice run down my chin. Sunburns, wine and tiki torches are eminent, bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment