Monday, June 7, 2010

All in the Family

A few weeks back my baby cousin, Carmen, graduated from high school. We are so proud of her! Pretty soon she'll be on her way to Harding University. I'll be sad to see her go but my move to Tulsa is just a smidgen closer. Carmen has been crashing at my place for a few weeks and in appreciation,she cleaned my entire house. I came home to a spic and span bachelorette pad and cried tears of joy. It was one of the highlights of 2010. She also bought me the salad spinner I had been coveting. She's always been very generous and thoughtful. I love her dearly. On top of all that, (yes there is more!) she drew this bitchin' card. She combined her two roommates taste and came up with a zombie cowgirl. Now, if you know me you know the cowgirl hat is a must. And, well, T, she's full of sugar and spice and zombie juice! I just adore the card. Whether she wants to admit it or not, creativity runs in the family and she has been touched with her fair share. Need more proof? Just look at her mother's artistic skills: More cupcakes, PLEASE! My aunt, Whitney (Carm's mom) made these for her graduation party. The construction and execution of the concept was incredible. AND, they tasted like a slice of heaven. This isn't her first bakery rodeo, she's quite a pro. Again, creativity is in the bloodstream. I'm lucky to be a part of these genes. Keep up the good work girlies! One day we'll make that bakery happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment