Monday, June 28, 2010

On Sewing

Last Friday I closed up shop early and headed home to work in my studio. Even though I have several pieces on deck, I was in the mood to sew. I had another shirt that I had tie-dyed and I was itching to transform it. I decided I wanted to make a sun dress. This is what became of the t-shirt. I'm not completely happy with the outcome, in fact, I debate whether it was 'blog worthy.' I pride myself on disclosing as much as possible. Big, small, successful and lame, I'm real-an imperfect perfectionist. Low and behold-you can't win 'em all. My first mistake was cutting the skirt to short. It's beyond my comfort level. Since I spent a few hours working on the construction I can't just toss it. I'm calling it 'Okie beach wear.' Even if I hadn't butchered the length, I'm not to keen on the patter/colors, it reminds me of a bathing suit cover up. And, so it shall be. Whose up for camping? I'm ready to pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment