Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Red

I recently concluded Terry Tempest Willimas' book, "Red." It's an incredible collection of essays and poetry about the beauty of the desert. I try to keep a book around at all times, if not for pleasure, for inspiration. Upon completing the book, I painted this scene: Taking from the vivid descriptions of color and heat described in the book, I fused it with a piece of my life. Veggies, and my romantic dream of selling them on the side of the highway. And the heat? Well, it's summer in OK!

This weekend my aunt is hosting a party for several reasons but one occasion is her new kitchen remodel! They've done most of the work themselves and I can't wait to see the fruits of their labor. In honor of their new kitchen, I'm gifting her this piece. Hopefully the palette is broad enough to compliment.

Where do draw inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment