Monday, June 28, 2010

Self Sustained

A little more on Saturday's Fiesta. I would have included this in my previous post but I felt it could hold it's own. Meet Linda and Ted. They were our host for the evening and what an evening it was! The company was amazing, the food was incredible and goblets were overflowing with libations of all sorts. They sure know how to throw a party! They are terrific people, full of substance and information, and they have made a beautiful home. I keep telling them I may move in! Check out their garden. Linda and I have talked shop a few times and traded some veggies but I was unaware of the scale. Linda is a professional! Her greens varied from tomatoes, kohlrabi, eggplant, asparagus, and every color pepper under the sun! Add herbs to that and I've no more need for the box store. Give me a bike track and I would make the move! When dinner hit the table I had high expectations and she manage to surpass them by miles. The pico was solely from Wellston dirt in Linda's backyard. The meal also included blackberries/cobbler from her vines, potatoes and kohlrabi, asparagus, and venison all Okie made!

Upon my move to Tulsa I plan on spending more time over at the Wellston settlement. Exchanging recipes, and cooking up a storm! Someday I'll carry on the wisdom that these two hold and take it a step further, hopefully one of these days, I'll be fully self sufficient-living off the grid. Long live mother earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment