Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tis The Season

For love. It's funny how susceptible to predatory marketing people are. In an instant, without a blink guys swarm those box stores or those jewelry counters in order to please their gal on the fourteenth. They don't even have to think about it, the stores prepare the whole 'shebang' in one pre-wrapped package. It's not just Valentines day, it's every holiday. I'm a scrooge in every sense. I can't stand being a victim of marketing and consumerism. No matter how hard I try I still falter, I'm human, but I my efforts aren't in vain. I like to think that sometimes I help that independent business, that Diamond Zorn, pay a bill or turn a profit. Support small and local business!

NOW, off the soapbox, I was researching this afternoon and I pulled this lovely: I thought it appropriate for February. It melts my heart. I'm a sucker for Cary Grant and I've decided to live my life as 'pursuee' instead of a 'pursuer.' Call me lazy, call me crazy, I refuse to be the facilitator or the planner of relationships (romantic or otherwise). I don't want to be showered with candy and flowers, or diamonds and pearls, I just want to be pursued and I demand compromise. To quote the beautiful Doris, 'Que Sera Sera' and Happy Valentines Day, make it special. Life is in your hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment