Friday, March 12, 2010

Digital Fun

It's been awhile since I've played around with CS4. It comes in phases. Sometimes I can't get enough of pattern making in illustrator or superimposing in photoshop. It's also something I can to do burn time while I'm at work. I should clarify a bit about my job. Aside from the fact that it's not my career, it's a decent job. I get a lot of free time. Working in IT support is like working triage in the ER. Everything manages to go wrong at once. In between emergencies, I have free time- time to blog, time to search for recipes and time to learn the ins and outs of starting a garden (yes, I'm considering planting some greens). This morning I decided to manipulate a photo that appeared in my inbox. My aunt, Berta, is in town for a visit and we are having lunch today to celebrate several family birthdays (including hers). She sent me this photo from a dinner we had a few nights ago so I decided to manipulate it and I plan to grab a frame for it before the lunch gathering. It makes for a nice 'instant' birthday gift. I used a couple of old photos from the "Belt Clothing Store" that was run by her father and his brothers. I'm not big on photo manipulation, especially when it involves hokey scenes and family photos. But, since she sent me the original I decided to have some fun with it. I look forward to lunch with the Belt womyn. It's always a riot-A great way to bow out of this week! XoXo.

No comments:

Post a Comment