Monday, March 1, 2010

Wind it Up

It's March! I can hardly believe it. This year is moving full speed and I feel like I'm lagging a bit behind. Last Saturday was gorgeous. The sun was high and shining and I couldn't bare to be indoors. I dawdled around Oklahoma City and attempted to soak up as many rays as possible. Yesterday was a lazy day and included a nice birthday celebration among close friends. Happy Birthday Barb, what a birthday is was! On top of all the livin', I managed to wrap up a few pieces. Early last week I started a piece for my cousin. Her mother asked that I paint something for her dining room as a birthday gift. I started a painting and midway through I realized it didn't fit the space. The colors were wrong and the style was off so I went back to the drawing board. After yesterdays birthday festivities I managed to turn out a diptych that better suits her dining room. It was a busy and productive weekend. They feel immensely different. I'm still trying to decide if these pieces need a sencil overlay. I have one drawn out but I'm not sure it's necessary. I think it would offer an intense, graphic quality but what color? It would update the piece but may be to much of a contrast? Ideas?

I figured my aunt could chose between the painting since she's the gift giver, always nice to have choices. It was a wonderful way to conclude the weekend and February. Clean slate. Welcome March, please bring some sunshine and lots of creative juice! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment