Thursday, July 15, 2010

Salvaged Salvage

It's been a hot summer here in Oklahoma. I love it. As you may know, I can't get enough. I come home, throw my 'stuff' down and head back out the door. Whether it be on my bike or walking the dog I can't stand to sit indoors. My pooch, Zola, adores the attention and can hardly stand still when she hears the jingle of the leash. She's very much a creature of habit. I give her lead and she sniffs out the same spots every time. It's like clock work. Every walk for as long as I can remember,we've passed this heavily altered piece of metal on the side of the road. I gaze at it every time and wonder how many times it has been ran over, what was it? Spam? Tuna? It's a bit disturbing how much I've contemplated the history of this piece of trash. Well, yesterday I had a few hours to spare so I picked it up. A little up the trail, I came across a safety top that read "Cut this out." It was glistening in the evening sun. Shiny. I took the pieces home, scrubbed them a bit and decided they were stencil worthy. Again, I'm completely inhibited when I use discarded items. It's invigorating. Nothing to loose! I feel like this attitude fits the subject matter. Do you feel lucky? Punk?

Perhaps you better, "Cut This Out?" It's up for sale. 5x7" Hit me up if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment