Monday, July 26, 2010

THAT Girl

No one wants to be 'THAT girl,' but occasionally, we just have to learn to cope. For me, it's self inflicted. I bought and iPhone. Right before bouncing into graduate school, having next-to-nothing to live on and I go and follow the herd. The phone has it's conveniences but the first thing I did is switch off every extra. There's just something about being over connected. I don't like it. I want to look at people in the face. I don't like side text conversations and I don't like to think some "app" is more fun than me! Really? YES! Look at me when I'm speaking, I do the same for you! Anyway, I rant. But, I did have some fun stenciling the case. It's not the most practical thing considering mere minutes after the paint job it was chipping. I touched it up and coated it with an acrylic varnish. That did the trick. I would really like to have on of these fancies. A parting/welcome gift as I jump into my new life? Maybe. I'd settle for something a little more valuable with a creative touch. Think about it. We could trade. Now, back to your iPhone. Just remember that your friends are better than a data plan anyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment