Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ask, You Shall Receive

Last week I coveted Beck's album, Guero. I made a post about it and this week I received it. A little birdie hooked me up with some comforting, pirated tunes. Thanks to you and thanks for reading! In addition, they threw in The Avett brother's latest, "I and Love and You." This album blew me away, I'm still listening, nonstop. I can't stop. It reminds me of so many, the ones that are important, the ones I've lost, the ones I think about constantly, you know who you are. Pick up this album, you'll love it! Need convincing? At the moment, this is my fave from the album:


Today was fairly productive. It wasn't what it should have been but I'm aloud to relax occasionally. I keep reminding myself of this when I stress each night as I attempt to sleep. I lie in bed thinking about how I wasted the day and a list of things I could have or should have done forms and haunts me. I have finished one thing on this gruesome list, it's the last of my art from 2009. From here on out, it's all new in 2010! I can't believe it took me this long but I'm calling it quits. I can't say it's where I want it but I have to round out last year. I can't have unfinished business. Without further ado: Kissing 2009 goodbye!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you loved both albums! Perfect Space is one of my favorites too; reminded me of a certain you know who. It's a wonderful album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Introducing Emotionalism is probably my all time favorite album. I will listen to it and still love it every bit as much as the first time I heard it. Amazingly, it has never gotten old. I think I am going to listen to it now actually...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, I'll have to check it out. Sounds like a classic!

    ReplyDelete