Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ice Apocalypse

Oklahoma has been forecasting some major storms all week. Since "Ice Apocalypse 07" the news takes major precautions. I'm not one to buy in, never have been. I live walking distance to a giant box store, liquor store, hardware store. It's never been much of a concern. Needless to say, they've revved up the intensity of this storm and everyone has been stockpiling. Phones are off the hook to rent generators and the stores are sold out. My parents pull generators and refuse to rent them at times like this. Bad business? No, it's about wear and tear. Those things aren't meant to run 24 hours a day for 2 or 3 days at a meager $50 rate. Not a risk they're willing to take. It's mass hysteria and I find it a bit over the top.

Work closes at noon today and has already canceled tomorrow. Looks like it's going to be a long weekend. Last night, T made a large dose of stir fry and shared. I had several glasses of wine and decided it was high time to watch a flick. I haven't watched a movie in nearly a year but the wine lit the fire. It couldn't be just any movie. It had to star Matthew McConaughey. I'm not sure how this developed (I don't do blonds) but it seems when I get to drinkin', I want a piece of Matthew McConaughey. Last night, I decided to take care of this urge once and for all. Against my better judgement, I headed over the store and purchased every McConaughey flick they had. Problem solved, wallet lighter but this morning I woke up wondering, "what the hell is wrong with me?"

I've a long weekend ahead of me, hopefully a productive one. Will power charging, these DVD's will remain in the closet. Guilty pleasures aside, stay warm and fingers crossed, my house remains on the grid this weekend. All hail, I am the ice queen!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to Facebook, I really just want to say that, I like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you may have noticed, I like to be quite vague on my fb statues. For the few "privileged" they can seek clarity here!

    ReplyDelete