Friday, January 15, 2010

The Food

In the last six months I've become quite the 'foodie.' As far as food is concerned, I'm up for anything. New flavors, new experiences. Upon my cousins discovering this, they were giddy. They bombarded me with 'must eat' restaurants. They even took me out for two desserts in one night! It was fabulous. They also have a love for the art that is, food. They are really into cooking. Since a post compiling all the food I consumed is immense I'm just going to present the meals we cooked at home (see my flikr for full story). Normally, my cousins and their roommate, Dana all pitch in and prep/cook dinner. Most nights, I watched in amazement but by the end of trip I felt comfortable getting my hands dirty. It was a lot of fun.

First home meal, Pizza. One anchovy's and olives, one pear and Gorgonzola, one mushroom, olive and bell pepper, and one pesto, mushrooms and olives. While I ate the entire piece, I discovered I'm not a big fan of anchovy's.

Vegetable Stew. Believe it or not, this was the most complex meal. It took an entire night of prep work which was done the previous night. Included, cabbage, asparagus, potatoes, mushrooms and squash and much much more. Worth it? Of course.

Butternut Squash Risotto. This is the one I made with little help. Not only was it a party for the taste buds, it was also quite pretty. While it was a fun experience I don't think I'll make something this complicated without proper guidance. At least not at this point. During our weekend outings, we picnicked, the gourmet way. Exotic cheeses, a loaf of fresh baked Italian bread and deli salami. Top it off with some dried fruit and you're ready to sight see. So many great meals and even better company. Wish it were closer to home, miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment