Saturday, January 2, 2010

An Open Book

I've made it clear that I'm always trying to be more open. Sharing, caring and varying perspectives. In lieu of my attempts, I must contribute this post, even if it does exposes my imperfections. I know you all consider me impervious to mistakes, right?

Thursday, Dec. 31, my cousin came over to help T and I make cupcakes for my New Year's Day soiree. We spent a few hours baking and decorating these miraculous cupcakes. Carmen iced "2010" on each one and I embellished them with plenty of sprinkles. These may have been the best cupcakes we have ever made. Unfortunately, we will never know. I killed them before they could shine: I admit it. It was poor planning, defeat. The oven won. After my wild, NYE bash I witnessed the cupcakes out in the open, nestled on their glorious plastic, platter. I decided they should be stored in the oven over night. Friday, Jan. 1 I arose in my Pj's and decided it was high time for a quesadilla, oven style. I preheated the oven and proceeded to get some things accomplished in my studio. Minutes later, I was startled by the sound of the smoke alarm. The instant I heard it I yelled out a few choice words. The moment I heard the alarm, I knew what I had done. I wondered into the smoke filled kitchen thinking I may burn the house down. Oven off, windows open, one oven rack destroyed. I had to pamper the smoke alarm in my "jammies," yes, flannel (I'm a simple womyn). Taraneh cut up and wasn't hesitant to grab her camera. I knew my luck had run out the moment Sarah and I hit the stage with the Flaming Lips.The cupcakes did not survive. hopefully the black eyed peas won't turn to disaster and they will replenish my luck! Now, laugh, loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment