Sunday, December 27, 2009

Bean Bitches and Brawn

New Years Day I'll be hosting a craft swap at my home. We're going to have black eyed peas and corn bread and exchange some hand made gifts, all for luck. The event is formally known as 'Beans, Bitches, and Brawn: Flex your crafty muscles in 2010!" All the participants have been good sports and I've had a great time organizing. Several of the players have come to me for advice and insight. I enjoy discussing ideas with people whom aren't as comfortable with art and craft. I'm always interested in individuals perception and interpretation, even if it is a challenge choosing words to describe it. It's so much fun and thought provoking, inspiring, really. I've actually assisted several with purchasing and constructing their craft. Today, I gave Carmen a much needed push and she knocked out her piece this afternoon.Tune in later this week for an exclusive scoop on the handmade extravaganza! Swing by on the first , have some black eyed peas if you feel inclined. If not, make sure you grab those peas somewhere, insure your luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment