Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Domestic Failure

That's me. I'm no "Susie Homemaker." I do sew and so far, the garden is still alive. Now, if I could just harness some magic in the kitchen. This morning I was granted an extra hour before I had to appear at the office and it's amazing what a difference it makes! I had time to do breakfast up right:Oatmeal, butter, blueberries and honey. Egg over easy easy. It made up for last night. Salmon patty fail! I made the most of my lemons. I went with salmon salad, salad? When I'm feeling defeated, I just throw in some spinach and everything is right with the world. One of my friends made salmon patties a few weeks ago so I politely asked him to send me the recipe. Bad move. It was completely qualitative, no measurements what-so-ever. I was destine to fail! That's what happens when you're dealing with a seasoned chef. I will say, the salmon salad was/is tasty none-the-less. I'm thinking I should have used another egg or more bread crumbs to help maintain shape. I WILL work this out. Send me some good kitchen vibes.

On top of cooking, I washed my car, mowed, and went on a few rides yesterday. A sure sign that Spring is here! My bike has moved out of the bedroom and now resides in the living room. Happy bike and happy Bill!

2 comments: