Monday, April 12, 2010

Oddities

As you may have gathered, this weekend was packed to the brim. Since I need little sleep to run, I still managed to finish up some illustrations. This he/she was inspired from the last book I read. It's suppose to be a man, a botanist but he turned out pretty androgynous. This was also taken from the same book. The proportions are off but I think it adds whimsy. "Give me your tierd, your poor, huddled masses." And, they come by the masses! This is an idea evolved from a doodle in my sketchbook. I love fur. It's my lucky charm. Sometimes I feel bad about the poor animals I adorn and as a result, I envision remote controlled birds working for PETA ready to strike upon the wretched fur bearers. Next thing you know it's on paper, in watercolor!I can't take much credit for this one. Indeed, the illustration is mine but the original nugget was provided by T. I have many connections with the bee. We were sipping coffee a the Gray Owl and voila! When we get together it's pure gold or honey? Enough illustrations. The following is top secret stuff here. Feel privileged. Are you interested? Well, just wait it out, this one is big! I lounged outside Sunday afternoon, soaked up some sun and played with some porcelain. I was covered with white dust. I haven't worked out all the details of this endeavor but it's evolving. I want to spill but it's just to early. I shall return...

No comments:

Post a Comment