Monday, April 5, 2010

Lazy Day

Saturday, I paid for my Friday indulgences. Woke up, eyes nearly swollen shut, no sleep, dehydrated and a long road ahead. I made some mistakes, let my naivety conquer, lesson learned. After a little TLC, I decided to flip the switch. It was another spring day and I couldn't waste it sitting inside painting myself blue. I hopped on my bike and headed downtown. I caught these two on my porch screen in broad daylight! It's SPING! Finally. I smiled!

One of my frequent stops-Norman's one-and-only, independent, coffee shop, The Gray Owl. They have a patio. This was my first glance. I sat out in the sun in solitude, sketched a little and attempted to rehydrate. My bike trek consumed about three hours and was a much needed boost. Pretty soon Oklahoma will be sweltering so I've been trying to soak up as much springtime as possible. This is the sketch I started. Again, combining elements drawn from life and my imagination. Bump, bump! Just a fender bender. Good thing I carry full coverage!

Saturday was up and down, consumed with lots of thought and silence. I always try to be optimistic in my post because I can't stand to read blogs/post/books filled with negativity. In reality, I'm a negative person. But, I've learned most of my ills and worries are self inflicted so I'm in the process of changing my attitude. The truth of the matter is, I had a bad weekend but I didn't let it phase me for more than a few hours. I don't spill these feelings often because who wants to read them? So why now? Well, occasionally, it's nice to know that someone else is facing the same issues. Every weekend can't be filled with rainbows and unicorns but even through my strife I tried my best to lasso that prism.

All I really have is time. Since this weekend provided three days of exceptional weather I felt it was my responsibility to take advantage. I've lived through a long, gray winter and I refuse to let anything ruin my spring/summer. I have taken heed of my days, I will be positive even when it's harder than just breaking down. With that being stated, I could still use a hug and a kind word now more than ever. I hope your weekend was better but as I said, I can't complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment