Thursday, April 22, 2010

Reading List

As Many of you know, I've been attempting to read more. It may seem like a small task but it's really difficult for me to sit still long enough to turn a few pages. When I do read, I enjoy it. It's also very inspiring and thought provoking which feeds my work. Lately, I've been so overwhelmed with big decisions, show/commission obligations and fun that when I do have five minutes to spare I'd rather throw on my iPod and proceed to numbness.

Last week, my aunt Linda contacted me about a lecture that was being hosted by OU and asked me if I'd like to attend. Her and husband, Ted, drove up yesterday afternoon to hear the author of "Three Cups of Tea," Greg Mortenson and I tagged along. Not only did I thoroughly enjoy the lecture, I also got a kick out of visiting with Linda and Ted. I don't usually get to sit down one-on-one with them so last night was a real treat. We had dinner at Pepe Delgados and chatted for awhile. Afterward I had a lot to think about and added another book to my reading list. Along with an interesting speaker, some good eats, and fabulous company, I also made out with some fresh eggs and spinach. My aunt, Linda has the greenest thumb I've seen. She's got a divine garden nestled upon acres and acres in Wellston, Oklahoma. I was surprised when she told me she had brought me some goodies! Oklahoma grown, organic and with love. What an evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment