Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Do This!

I saw this post over at An Open [Sketch]Book yesterday:

a patchwork of flesh

Clockwise from Top Left : Artwork by Warwick Johnson Cadwell; Craig Stephens; David Barneda; Dracenea Nyx

You know I love a good collaborative art project, so I want to be sure to share with you this note I received yesterday. Sounds like big fun!

Hi, I really like your work and hope that this interests you and your readers.

I am attempting to amass a large collection of portraits of Frankenstein's Monster in as many different styles and in as many different media as possible as an ongoing art project. The only stipulation is that the size is 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (standard artist trading card size) and that each card has name, date, location, title and anything else you care to add on the back.

I welcome cards from both amateur and professional artists.

I will be leaving blank cards with instructions and mailing address in galleries, colleges, art shops, on buses, handing them out in the street and wherever else I can think of.


If you think you can spare the time to produce a little something, please send a portrait to:


A Patchwork Of Flesh
45 Silversea Drive
Westcliff on Sea

Essex
SS0 9XD
United Kingdom

Each card I receive will be uploaded at A Patchwork of Flesh to produce an on-line gallery, I then hope to put on an exhibition of these cards in a gallery.
____________________________________________
Today I had the day off and I decided to participate:
[Apologies for the terrible photo.] Spray paint, of course. The white one is the stencil I used. After I removed the stencil I realized that the positive and negative were not only formally beautiful but also conceptually interesting. Well, I'm off to the studio! More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment