Friday, August 28, 2009

Weekend Plans

This evening I really wanted to sit in my studio and finish up my series in the company of my four-legged soul mate. It was going to be reflective and peaceful but then I caught word of this madness: Those are coffee stirrers woven together to fill the gallery!!! Woahh! I'm not a coffee drinker but that whole 'hipster' coffee scene continuously haunts me and influences my work (it has a positive affect in the end). For instance, today at work we were discussing the marketability of coffee dipped bananas. My thought was, "leave my bananas alone, they are tasty in all their simplicity!"

Anyway,I can't miss this show. It's biking distance and one of my favorite professors from art school is hosting the extravaganza so it will be fun to catch up. It's sort of like procrastination but could be quite inspiring. Happy Friday! Welcome Saturday mornings and Zola paws!

No comments:

Post a Comment