Monday, September 28, 2009

Inspire

Applying for grad school is tough. I have to write a lot. A lot about why I do what I do and where I want my 'talents' to take me. I think about things like this all the time. I think about my surroundings and how I react to them versus how others handle them. I'm also drawn to details, things that most wouldn't or don't notice. Last night I spent the better part of the evening in my garage huffing spray paint, did I just say that? I mean spray painting. Ha! Working on some new pieces. I hope to finish them up tonight.

I feel that lately I have been over thinking my work. This whole grad school thing has me in a tizzy. I question whether I'm good enough. Is my work highly conceptual? Do I think enough about what goes into each piece? Are my pieces 'kid stuff?' The more I think about it the worse the outcome. I just need to be myself, do what's right. When I try to live up to some higher standard my work represents something else and I can't identify with it, much less write about it. I'm having a hard time keeping things straight. HALP!

In the meantime check out some of the photos that have inspired my works-in-progress:Someday I will make one of these for my bike. Isn't it wild?
She's hot! I'm thinking Halloween, yes? Dove of Peace.

The next post shall debut my latest work. I know you can't wait, me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment