Monday, September 21, 2009

Shifting Places

Tonight I drove over to the good ol' print shop. So many splendid hours and memories in that shop! Since I have decided on grad school I asked Curtis, the printmaking prof at OU, to write me a letter of recommendation. He kindly agreed but said he would be absent this week. He encouraged me to head up to the shop this evening because Joseph from Drive by Press is in town and could offer me some insight as to which school would be best. Indeed, Curtis was right, Joseph was a huge help! He seemed to know the current status of most of the printmaking schools on my list and then some. I almost flaked out on going but I'm ecstatic I didn't. I am also in awe of Drive by Press. I would trade everything I own (with the exception of Zola) to run around the country printing up a storm!

Ok, so why is this important? Well, KU is now my top pick. It will be the first campus I visit. Joseph and the new print grad at OU spoke very highly of the printmaking professor, Micheal Krueger, at KU. Can't wait to meet him! I'm excited to explore Jayhawk territory! Really, I can't wait. I wish I could hit the highway tomorrow. Apparently it has one of the top ten printmaking departments! So who's on board?

5 comments:

  1. Too bad we couldn't go after the wedding... But KU, what happened to us going to school together in GA? :) I guess you gotta do what is best. I am still picturing you standing amongst the sunflower and corn fields (maybe it's wheat)!! Hahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... sorry for my abscence!! I have two tests and a quiz this week :( Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if you feel off the face of the earth or what. :) I completely understand but I'm still waiting to see what you've been up to aside from school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. try again...I thought about KU, and I have a bunch of friends there and in Kansas City. Great Place, I'm actually going there for a long weekend this week! I love KC. Do it. Plus, KU is gorgeous, very hilly.

    ReplyDelete