Friday, September 18, 2009

Love Jenni

No intro. My aunt, Jenni, had a stroke today. She's 45 and we had just seen her Sunday. I just got back from the hospital. I was there for about 12 hours. Right now I don't know what to say. I just wanted to throw it out there. Think about it, 45...45! And, at the flip of a switch life changes. No signs, no warnings. A bit morbid but occasionally we have to face reality. This whole ordeal has definitely bumped me out of the positive aura that has been accompanying me the last few months. She will be ok, she's awake, shaking her head and appears to comprehend. She has lost some mobility in her right side and has yet to utter a sentence but she seems high in spirit. Only time will tell. She will be in ICU for the next 48 hours to monitor bleeding of the brain. Fingers crossed she makes it through this crucial time with no complications. After she jumps that hurdle they can begin running test and decide on rehab. She still flashes her beautiful smile for all of us, we're blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment