Monday, December 14, 2009

New Fragrance

I've been on the hunt for a new satchel for quite some time. I try to refrain from using the term 'purse' because I feel like my pack consist of much more than what your average purse can offer. Aside from linguistics, the search has been long running and unsuccessful. The ones I've been carrying have been out of desperation and I've yet to find the perfect match. Last night I decided to break down and buy the cheapest thing I could find. Since the craft fair I've been focusing on nothing but form. Given that his purse is really just a giant sack with little room for organization, I decided to run with form. A stencil, some spray paint and a touch of embroidery floss and I present you with this gem: Spray paint and cheap vinyl go surprisingly well. My special, geriatric touch.

Not only is it ridiculously loud and tacky it also strums those olfactory senses. Nothing like strutting around with an aura of aerosol and paint. I'm curious as to the sustainability of $10 satchel. Hopefully the spray paint flakes off before the vinyl starts to tear. I'd hate to see all that hard work come apart at the seams. I'm such a risk taker!

No comments:

Post a Comment