Monday, December 7, 2009

Fuel and Motivation

Friday was my night to play. The Deluxe Indie Craft Bazaar is next Saturday (Dec. 12) and my 'to do' list is still heavy. Saturday my roomie (also part of the show) and I vowed to stay in and knock some stuff out for the show. We had lunch at the Greek House and then it was off to work! Nothing like a plate full of lamb. These proportions could probably serve a village of pygmys. It fueled me for a fun filled, 6 hour creative run. These were all done with stencils I had already cut and used in other pieces. I just tacked up several sheets of wallpaper in my garage and went to town. It's quite liberating to head into the studio with little direction. There are few boundaries and no pressure. Always a learning experience. These will all be available at the show next Saturday for inquiring minds. They were all done with spray paint and they're mono-prints. If you're real interested shoot me an email and we can arrange some sort of barter.

As if that's not enough, this is what my studio looked like as of last night: I brought some of this to work with me today to keep me occupied during the finals stakeout. The embellishments have commenced. Show up Saturday for the real deal!

Saturday evening, one of my former employees and friend came over for a visit. We drank a nice bottle of Pinot Noir and we chatted while I continued to craft. T offered up these bags she'd been sitting on for years so I obliged.I decided to grab some of those stencils from the pile and VOILA! It was a super productive day! Hope to see you next Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy that you made the bags pretty. Because I refused to help them..

    ReplyDelete