Sunday, October 11, 2009

Friday Night

Friday Night we hit the Plaza District. The place was pretty happening. We went to see a couple of art openings. The main attraction was the debut of the new Parts & Labor gallery. The show was outstanding! I absolutely love Debbie Curtis's work. If I made a livable wage I would have one hanging in my house this minute. I should also mention her unconventional artist statement. I melted over it, read it.

The other featured artist was Wade Crow. This one's my favorite. Also, quite impressive. His work was much more wild but had a strange since of sophistication. I guess it sort of had that 'modern loft' appeal.

We attempted to grab a treat from Cuppie and Joe's on the way out but it was jam packed. I mean a line out the door at a quarter passed 10 on a Friday night. We jolted. Headed home, stopped for coffee and drummed up some more crazy ideas...more later. Be excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment