Thursday, October 1, 2009

An Update

Three post in one day!? I'm on a roll. Slow day at work I suppose (shhh, no blogging at work). It occured to me today that I never followed up on the status of my aunt, Jenni. She is much better. Out of the hospital, normal mobility. They did find the cause of the stroke. She has a hole in one of the 'pipes' leading to or from her heart.(I apologize for the vagueness, I heard the news down the grapevine so I'm not committing to any details.) Apparently this is likely a birth defect and often goes unnoticed until something like this happens (usually middle age).

The remedy is to patch it. She is suppose to have surgery sometime next week. My understanding is, the surgery is mild but there are still risks involved when you start prodding near the heart, of course. Her speech is still sub par but she is going through speech therapy so hopefully she will regain a full vocab. That's all for now. We are blessed the situation happened as it did. We probably wouldn't have been so lucky had she had a stroke in the middle of the night. For fun, I must include this retro photo of her. I love it! She is still as shining today as she was 20 years ago! Much love and blessings to my favorite aunt, JENNI!

No comments:

Post a Comment