Sunday, October 4, 2009

He's Gone.

Friday evening, October 2, we lost Rico. Rico Suave, commonly referred to as 'bay bay.' He slipped away peacefully. Mom went in to check on him and he was gone. She didn't even hear a peep. My parents refrained from telling me until today. At first I was angry that they had failed to call me the moment after it happened. He was my first dog and stood by my side for a good 10 years until I moved to Dallas for college. They waited until today because my friends and I were busy with the Art Festival and they didn't want me to be upset. Se la vie.

My mom became quite attached to my little guy after I left to pursue a degree. As a result, the last half of his life (the roughest) was spent next to the fireplace cuddled up with my mom. About 3 or 4 years ago he went blind and the complications continued to mount. I don't feel like going into that. I want to remember sharing my adolescence with that rambunctious little pudge. I will never forget mom sending him in to wake me up every morning. About 90% of the time she would come in 10 minutes before it was time to leave for school to find him nestled under the covers and I'd still be asleep. She would yell at both of us. I know I'm in my underwear here and my 'yo quiro' shirt (Ha!) but just look at his ears! Awww! :::tear::: He was the best! Miss you big guy! :'( :::tear:::

1 comment:

  1. I sent you an email in response to your facebook status!! I had a bad feeling about it!! I am sooo sorry to hear about Rico. I remember her sending him in to your room on the weekends to wake us up for breakfast or during the summer when it was time to head to DZ. This has been a rough past couple of weeks for you guys and my heart goes out to you!!! He was a great "Bay Bay" and will be missed!! Give your mom a hug for me!!

    ReplyDelete