Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bella Jade

This afternoon one of my best friends endured a lengthy bout of labor and afterward, we welcomed Bella Jade into our world. Five pounds 11 ounces and 17 inches long! She's a beaut. I told Jamie, the new mother, she shall be "B.J." for short. Ha!She came out looking for that teet. I witnessed animal instinct front and center. Mom and baby. I can't believe how great Jamie looked after such an ordeal. She's a trooper. Words can't describe. Three Generations. This was the best shot of the afternoon. I'm amazed at Bella opening her eyes right out of the womb. She was the most active and animated baby in the nursery. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign for the new parents. She's already styling. With a little sass. My mom misses her days of babies. I, on the other hand, find them awkward. In fact, they made me drop the camera to take this shot and I was a bit perturbed. I will admit, watching everyone else hold her and seeing her smile and gawk made my heart melt. I love the little dear and I just met her!

No comments:

Post a Comment