Thursday, November 26, 2009

Turkey for All!

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm as tight as a tick, I feel like a glutton. To too many sweets! There were pies running out our ears. I had to do it, for the sake of all the starving children. No waste! I hope everyone had an equally fulfilling day. I got to spend some quality time with my family which is surprisingly stress relieving. I guess it's because I'm home free. I don't have to do much beside stuff my face. They keep telling me my time will come,until then I'm going to take advantage of being 'one of the kids.' Welcome to my grandparent's "humble abode." "Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain." "Z"- Learn it, know it, beware! We ate. ...And ate! Pumpkin praline. Check out the recipe here! It was a hit! After stuffing ourselves we went for a walk down the street. Wonderful day. There were kids riding bikes and people chatting on their porches. I wish I could have hit pause and soaked up the atmosphere awhile. No fine china, just colorful fiesta ware. It's a metaphor. Board games. Always in order when there are babes under 10 around. Even the legal adults get a kick out of toys this time of year. Insert book in place of laptop. Remember those days? I do. Either way, they're enthralled with grandma and her wisdom. At least some things never change. The Zorn(Weeks) gals. The Z clan! Thankful for a healthy and happy family! Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment