Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanks

I'm hours away from an extended weekend and lots of soul food. I'm ancy as hell. I'm trying my best to get out of this office. Mentally. I decided to take a gander at flikr to escape my dreary surroundings. Within moments I was smiling at everyone's Thanksgiving photos. The internet is a lovely beast.
Through all the eye candy, I began to count my blessings. There are A LOT. I made an brief list:

Much love to my ma and pa. Even though we span 25 years I can always relate to you guys. I realize this is invaluable, if I had the power I'd share this luck with everyone.

My friends; old, new, neglected, reunited, thick and thin. I know it's cliche, but this year has been ridiculous. You've put up with me and been extremely accommodating. I can only hope that you will continue to ride this one out with me. It's been real. Real, real fun!

Thanks to THAT boy. He can't take all the credit, I made the hard decisions, took the plunge. Jumped off the cliff, yada, yada. But, he was a stepping stone. It's because of him that I strive to be a better person. Experience new things, get out there. Grab hold of those reigns, after all, they've always been mine to control. Much love.

The number 2. In many ways this number symbolizes the 'new found' perspective I've acquired (or built). It still serves as a heavy source of inspiration in my art and my life in general. I've fought with it but I've decided it's a blessing. Without 2 what would become of 1 or 3? A lot hinges on its existence.

May everyone be blessed this Thanksgiving and everyday. Before we know it it will be 2010! Live it up! Take heed of your days, don't waste 'em. Holiday wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment