Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Travels

My Halloween extravaganza was Friday evening and Saturday (Oct. 31) was OU's homecoming game. Needless to say, I had to get out of Norman. I decided to jump on Route 66 and visit my dear Chandler on a gorgeous fall afternoon. I almost forgot it was Halloween. They did have pumpkins lining the downtown.Popcycles line 66.
While I was snapping this photo some classic cars came haulin' down the street. It was so serendipitous, my heart fluttered. I proceeded to walk down the street to Hite's drug store. On my way there were more cars. Oh the cars! I decided I need a studio/gallery in Chandler's downtown. I would just sit outside my storefront in a rocking chair swooning over the history and that American muscle. Chandler is very hilly and with the leaves turning you could see for miles. It was an unbelievable day. Photos could never capture the nostalgia and charm. I needed a 'mental health day.' Saturday was it, and it just happened to be Halloween (my favorite holiday). I wish I could have towed my bike and stayed for days. I could use a break, a little fresh air. It was a tremendously, surreal Halloween visit to my 'home away from home.' Welcome November!

No comments:

Post a Comment